Everyday, I see clients come out of my treatment room and have an astonished reaction….”Oh my gosh! I can’t believe how good my skin looks!” Trust me, no miracles are performed in those 75 minutes you spend with me. There’s reasons why it looks so radiant and a main one is the facial massage! I know that’s great to hear because for most clients it’s their favorite part. A good Esthetician will spend a fair amount of time exercising the facial muscles. From your early twenties laugh and frown begins to leave its imprint in the form of tiny lines around your eyes and mouth. Add to this the effect of environmental damage, sun exposure, the stress and strains of modern life, too many late nights and all the abuses subjected by body and before you know it, you’re starting to look older than your years.The good news is – it doesn’t have to be like this. There’s more benefits than just relaxing and stress relieving to facial massage.
Massage can benefit your skin in many ways.
- Relaxation (obviously)
- Stimulates blood and lymph circulation
- Improves overall metabolism and activates sluggish skin
- Helps tone muscles
- Helps cleanse the skin of impurities and softens sebum (oil)
- Helps slough off dead skin cells
- Reduces puffiness and sinus congestion
- Helps product absorption
- Relieves muscle tension and pain
- Provides a sense of psysiological and psychological well-being
Types of Massage Movements
- Effleurage: Continuous stroking movement applied with fingers in a slow rhythmic manner.
- Petrissage: Kneading movement that stimulates the underlying tissues.
- Friction: Pressure maintained on the skin with fingers or palm. Stimulates the circulation and glandular activity.
- Tapotement: Fast tapping, patting, and hacking movements resulting in stimulation.
- Vibration: rapid shaking movement accomplished by rapid muscular contractions. Highly stimulating.
As we age, our skin loses the ability to efficiently slough off dead skin cells, which results in sagging skin and wrinkles. While an appropriate skin care routine is a good place to start, when you notice signs fine lines, wrinkles, sluggish complexion, acne, distended capillaries, to name a few conditions, a regular facial massage will really get your skin back to its beautiful best.
As a Esthetic insider I swear by facial massage, and when you think about everything your complexion goes through in a day, it makes good sense to treat it with a bit of TLC.
Call us to experience a facial rejuvenation with us!